This platform was created in support of the European initiative for the exchange of young officers inspired by Erasmus (or in other words: "Military Erasmus" or EMILYO" or the “Initiative”). It aims to enable European Union initial military education and training institutions (Basic Officer Education Institutions - BOEI), to explore possibilities for quantitative and qualitative exchanges of knowledge and know-how through mobility of their students and personnel.
In this toolbox, several functionalities will help you to explore European Union military officers’ basic education and training systems:
- Contacts and information on the European Union officers’ basic education and training institutes;
- A search engine for identifying possible partners in exchanges, on the basis of criteria selected among the different levers of mobility;
- A browser of updated announcements of mobility opportunities shared by the European institutes;
- A calendar of the upcoming mobility-related events;
- A repository of basic information, literature and working documents about the Initiative and its lines of development, as well as reports on students’ exchange experiences;
- Useful links to other relevant structures or fora acting in the European officers’ basic education and training;
- A “really simple syndication” (RSS) function for the subscription to a notification of the most recent information uploaded on the platform.
Finally, let us also express here our gratefulness to the “Vassil Levski” National Military University of Bulgaria, the Hellenic Naval Academy of Greece and all the Initiative’s Implementation Group members for the construction of this platform, as well as, naturally, to those who make the success of this tool in providing information on a daily basis.
The Chairman of the Implementation Group
The European Security and Defence College Secretariat